Congratulations past and present LAS Volunteers!
Entertainment and Fashion Show
November 23, 2016
Travelodge Hotel, Prince Albert Poster
Please note that this site is more for health professional like physicians, nurses, therapists, etc.
You will need to create a profile and you will have access to information such as recorded webinars and upcoming events. You will also be able to register for future webinars.
An Introduction to Lymphedema
For people with or at risk of developing lymphedema. Presented by the Certified Lymphedema Health Care Professionals working for the Health Regions of Saskatchewan via Telehealth.
2016 education Day Overview
LAS is very pleased how well the Advanced Bandaging Class, the Networking Open House and the 2015 LAS Education Day went!Read the full report.
2015 National Lymphedema Conference
- Provincial Association Networking Session
- Prevalence and Impact of Lymphedema: the Global Challenge
- Lymphedema and the Chronic Wound
Congratulations to Anna Marie Funke who won the LAS members only draw to attend the conference!
March 6 is Lymphedema Awareness Day
Your Journey- A guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer
A new breast cancer patient education resource booklet and video, Your Journey, developed by the Lymphedema Working Group is now available on the Ministry of Health website at http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/cancer-information . A written resource and video will be soon be distributed to all newly diagnosed breast cancer patients across Saskatchewan.
SK Lymphedema Patient's Coverage from SAIL
Compression Garments and Bandaging Supplies
Patients diagnosed with lymphedema in Saskatchewan receive the following (100%) coverage under the SAIL program (Saskatchewan Aids to Independent Living Program) Compression Garment Policy:
- 2 day-time compression garments every six months
- 1 night-time compression garment once per two years.
- Garments include socks (calf), hose (thigh/pantyhose), arm sleeves, gloves and non-elastic garments (ie. Circa-Aid).
- Bandaging supplies (foam/artiflex, short-stretch bandages), swell spots and scar pads.
- Accessories/supplies such as gel sheets, adhesives, stocking applicators, ulcer liners, and rubber gloves when used in conjunction with a compression garment.
- Patients must have the garment requisitioned by an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physical Therapist (PT), Public or Private CDT Therapist (CDT), Enterostomal Therapy Nurse (ET), Diabetes Nurse (DNS) or Wound Care Nurse (IIWCC).
Charitable #: 844468074RR0001
$20.00 donations or more will receive a charitable donation receipt. (LAS will mail the receipt to you.)
Free Lymphedema Alert Bracelets
These bracelets which are for arm and/or leg say:
ALERT: LYMPHEDEMA No Blood Tests, Blood Pressure, No I.V or Injections into this Arm or Leg. For free bracelet please contact: www.lymphedema.com Peninsula Medical, Inc. ReidSleeve ® 1-800-29-EDEMA
Busting With Energy is Saskatchewan's only breast cancer survivors dragon boat team.
Who Are We?
The Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan Inc. (LAS) is a non- profit organization founded in 2004 by a group of people who recognized the need to help those who have or are at risk of developing lymphedema and related lymphatic disorders. We strive to be a learning association, committed to ongoing education. LAS works to empower affected individuals and their families to successfully manage these conditions.
- To promote health by providing an annual symposium on lymphedema management for health professionals and patients;
- To promote health by providing workshops and educational materials for health professionals and patients on matters relating to diagnosing and treating lymphedema;
- To promote support for those affected by lymphedema by offering education and counselling and by establishing mutual support groups; and
- To undertake activities incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the above charitable purpose(s).
LYMPHEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF SASKATCHEWAN FACEBOOK GROUP
We now have a Facebook group for the Association and all members and potential members are welcome.
Association events will be posted on there. Join and meet other members, ask questions, etc.
You must ask to join. Go to LYMPHEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF SASKATCHEWAN FACEBOOK GROUP
Lymphedema Working Group
The Lymphedema Working Group was formed to review the policies and practices regarding lymphedema in the province of Saskatchewan. Working group members from LAS strove to educate and inform the Ministry of Health about patients' needs, the cost of lymphedema treatment to patients, and needed changes to policies and practices. On May 1, the working group met with then health minister Don McMorris to present the report to him in person and to answer questions he had about the report.
Ombudsman Saskatchewan promotes and protects fairness in the design and delivery of government services, including health services. If you have a concern about government services you've received:
- Step 1: Talk with your service provider.
- Step 2: If you are still concerned, contact Ombudsman Saskatchewan.
Disclaimer — The purpose of the health information on the web site of the Lymphedema Association of SK Inc. (LAS) is to inform and educate. This information does not replace the knowledge expertise, skill, and judgement of health care providers. It is not meant to be used as diagnosis or treatment. If you have medical questions or concern for your own health, please consult a qualified health care provider. LAS makes every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is correct and up-to-date, but cannot guarantee that it is error- free or complete. Links to our website are presented for informational purposes only and any mention of a product, form of therapy, or therapist does not constitute a recommendation.