Lymphedema Awareness Day
The Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan (LAS) is proud to host a Solaris Fitters Workshop on National Lymphedema Awareness Day, March 6th from 9:00 - 12:00 with invited guest speaker John Mulligan, Lymphedema Depot. View the poster
Please join the Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan (LAS) on National Lymphedema Awareness Day, March 6th from 1:00 to 2:00, to raise awareness and education about Lymphedema. View the poster.
2014 LAS Symposium May 9 & 10, 2014
Mark May 9th & 10th, 2014 on your calendar to attend the LAS AGM and Symposium in Prince Albert. View the poster.
- Dr. Anna Towers and Noreen Campbell will be 2 of our guest speakers who will provide education to our medical personnel, LAS members and guests.
- Dr. Towers is a physician who runs the Lymphedema Clinic in Monteal and is qualified in Lymphedema therapy. She is also involved with the Canadian Lymphedema Framework.
- Noreen Campbell is a retired Clinical Specialist for wound care and has developed the Wound Management course - level 1 and 2 for continuing education at the University of Victoria and continues to work with the University.
- More information to follow...
Continuing Education Opportunities and Accreditation for Attendance
Las Regal Fundraiser.
This year we are excited to use Regal Gifts for our Fundraising Campaign. They offer more than 1000 products with hundreds being priced under $20. We are sure everyone can find something either for themselves or as a gift for family and friends.
Starts: March 3, 2014
Ends: April 30, 2014
Note: Order by April 4 to receive items by Easter.
Canadian Lymphedema Conference
The conference took place over a two-day period and provided up-to date information through two plenary sessions, concurrent information sessions for health professionals, patients and caregivers, a trade show of exhibitors and poster presentations. Read More.
Very Exciting News for SK
Extended Health Benefits Information Bulletin October 1, 2013: COMPRESSION GARMENT PROGRAM CHANGES
Charitable #: 844468074RR0001
$20.00 donations or more will receive a charitable donation receipt. (LAS will mail the receipt to you.)
Free Lymphedema Alert Bracelets
These bracelets which are for arm and/or leg say:
ALERT: LYMPHEDEMA No Blood Tests, Blood Pressure, No I.V or Injections into this Arm or Leg. For free bracelet please contact: www.lymphedema.com Peninsula Medical, Inc. ReidSleeve ® 1-800-29-EDEMA
Lymphedema Awareness Day
March 6 has been proclaimed Lymphedema Awareness Day in SK again this year!!.
View the proclamation.
Who Are We?
The Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan Inc. (LAS) is a non- profit organization founded in 2004 by a group of people who recognized the need to help those who have or are at risk of developing lymphedema and related lymphatic disorders. We strive to be a learning association, committed to ongoing education. LAS works to empower affected individuals and their families to successfully manage these conditions.
- To promote health by providing an annual symposium on lymphedema management for health professionals and patients;
- To promote health by providing workshops and educational materials for health professionals and patients on matters relating to diagnosing and treating lymphedema;
- To promote support for those affected by lymphedema by offering education and counseling and by establishing mutual support groups; and
- To undertake activities incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the above charitable purpose(s).
LYMPHEDEMA SUPPORT GROUP ~PRIVATE FOR PATIENTS~
This group is through Facebook, meet people from all around the world with lymphedema! Share your story, read others stories, get and give advice, learn tips and connect with others who are struggling with lymphedema. Extremely supportive and loving group!!!
If you are interested in joining this group please add Angela Connell-Furi to your friends list on Facebook and leave a message that you want to be added to the group! Please note that this group is private for lymphedema patients and their caregivers and can not be seen by others who are not in the group. Hope to see you in the group soon!
New — LYMPHEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF SASKATCHEWAN FACEBOOK GROUP
We now have a Facebook group for the Association and all members and potential members are welcome.
Association events will be posted on there. Join and meet other members, ask questions, etc.
You must ask to join. Go to LYMPHEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF SASKATCHEWAN FACEBOOK GROUP
Lymphedema Working Group
The Lymphedema Working Group was formed to review the policies and practices regarding lymphedema in the province of Saskatchewan. Working group members from LAS strove to educate and inform the Ministry of Health about patients' needs, the cost of lymphedema treatment to patients, and needed changes to policies and practices. On May 1, the working group met with then health minister Don McMorris to present the report to him in person and to answer questions he had about the report.
Ombudsman Saskatchewan promotes and protects fairness in the design and delivery of government services, including health services. If you have a concern about government services you've received:
- Step 1: Talk with your service provider.
- Step 2: If you are still concerned, contact Ombudsman Saskatchewan.