Who Are We?
The Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan Inc. (LAS) is a non- profit organization founded in 2004 by a group of people who recognized the need to help those who have or are at risk of developing lymphedema and related lymphatic disorders. We strive to be a learning association, committed to ongoing education. LAS works to empower affected individuals and their families to successfully manage these conditions.
- To promote health by providing an annual symposium on lymphedema management for health professionals and patients;
- To promote health by providing workshops and educational materials for health professionals and patients on matters relating to diagnosing and treating lymphedema;
- To promote support for those affected by lymphedema by offering education and counselling and by establishing mutual support groups; and
- To undertake activities incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the above charitable purpose(s).
Are You an LAS Member?
Please consider becoming one. For just $30/year you receive the following:
- Four very informative issues of Pathways, a magazine published by the Canadian Lymphedema Framework
- Updates on LAS through quarterly newsletters
- Updates on the latest projects, events and happenings of LAS
- Lymphedema events and updates of each provincial association across Canada
- Direction and support for lymphedema patients and families
To become a member Click on LAS and Membership, then on membership. We ask that you also fill out the application form on the LAS Printable Brochure Payment can be made by mail or electronically. The membership information is also located below. We look forward to your support!
- LAS membership includes four very informative issues of Pathways, the national magazine of the Canadian Lymphedema Framework (CLF) as well as our quarterly LAS Pathways insert.
- Membership is $30/year and if you’d like a second Pathways issue sent each time please add an extra $15 on top of membership for a total of $45.
- LAS newsletters: the latest projects, events and happenings within LAS.
- Direction for lymphedema patients: what the standard care for lymphedema is and where to receive treatments.
- Support & Understanding: We know what you’re going through as the majority of LAS board are lymphedema patients.
- Ongoing Education: annual educational lymphedema Symposium and numerous links on our web site for further knowledge.
- Ongoing advocacy to provincial government for Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT) and Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) treatments.
- Networking: garments, bandages and therapists.
Membership year is from March 1-Febuary 28.
Memberships and donations can be paid by cheque and sent to:
Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan
1354 Willowgrove Terrace
Or they can be paid via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the membership form in our brochure.
March 6th- Lymphedema Awareness Day.
This day is dedicated to those who have been an inspiration to the lymphedema community and to honour lymphedema patients, caregivers, therapists and advocates alike.